Thursday 27 November 2008

Scholarship...

Many frenz hv asked me dis question:

Why are you so obsessed with a degree scholarship?

Eventhough I do hv 2 admit dat I naturally love studying (it's d only thing I'm slightly gifted in), thr's another reason which I tink many ppl don't know.

My parents.

Here's a simplified list of reasons why I wanna get d scholarship, & help my parents save money in d process.

  • Dey place their children's welfare above everything else. Extra emphasis goes to education. When any of us wants to buy any academic books, dey will pay 4 it w/out question.
  • Dey've sacrificed evrything possibly 2 pay 4 their kids' education. Many of my frenz are shocked when I tell them dat my parents sold their house to pay for our uni education. Yes, dey live in a rented house. Yes, my father is driving a company car, not some fancy car.
  • Dey encourage freedom of choice amongst their kids. None of us were forced to study courses we weren't interested in. My parents were nvr influenced by other ppl saying "Eh...I heard dis course nice eh...send yr kid la..."
  • Evrytime my parents tell me nt 2 stress myself 2 get d schlship, in simply adds my determination to strive for it. It's simple: I spend a little extra time & effort paying attention in claz instead of sleeping. I spend some time revising. I buat muka tembok ask questions which evry1 seems to tink "Haiz...like dis aso dunno". In return, I save a few thousand ringgit for my parents.
  • Dey never stress us to work like shit 2 get good grades. As long as we try our best, dey're satisfied. My parents usually call me, saying "Dun study 2 much eh....I dun wan a son wif good grades but sot oledi."

Hopefully, any weird2 comments bout me being a scholarship freak will be gone by now.

I wan to work for the scholarship.
I wan to prove dat I can do it.
I wan 2 show dat having a brain which is younger by one year is not a problem.
I wan 2 help my parents.

But most importantly,

I wan 2 satisfy my academic craving.

After all, I am a partial geek/study freak @ heart :p

2 comments:

AiN on 28 November 2008 at 13:37 said...

i sokong u!! =)
it's really not fair dat
people who are not as talented as can get scholarship 4 themselves but not u..so,work hard eh,my lil friend! (wink,wink)

icywhinygnome on 29 November 2008 at 01:18 said...

Lol...anytin's fine as long as I do my best & my parents are happy...bt dat doesn't mean aku patut duk goyang kaki jer...LOL :P

 

~ Agendum Arcanum ~ Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template