Friday 25 January 2008

My not-so-formal Summary



Dear Miss ****(my lecturer),

1st & foremost, I would like to inform you that I walked all the way from the PA block to the PD block to watch these men ramble insignificantly in front of me. Therefore, PLEASE cut the marks of those absent at this so-called "workshop" or my efforts & burnt calories will go to waste. Thank you.

Now, the compulsory/long-winded/energy-draining part: doing a summary about this workshop. Honestly, speaking, I couldn't hear, translate, or bother what the heck our dear Dato' **** said. The little scraps of information that I picked up are as follows:

1) Quote: "Of the several thousand homo sapiens who applied for jobs in the public sector, only 1.7% are Chinese applicants."

C&C (Comments & Complaints): Why wud he use the word "Chinese" specifically? Yes, I kno dat there are many Chinese students in our Uni but this doesn't mean that you should present your speech as if you are addressing the Chinese only! I seriously felt bad in front of my non-Chinese frenz when dis Dato' went on & on about how the Chinese had a wrong perception of the public sector, how Chinese ppl this, how Chinese ppl that......how can racial equilibrium & harmony be achieved if our ministers themselves lean towards certain races when speaking in public?


2) Quote: "The public sector is the largest employer in the country."

C&C: Yes my Dear Dato', u can say dat but we kno dat the public sector also "generates" the largest amount of losses in our country. For example, Proton Holdings Berhad consistently reported losses in at least the three most recent quarters. How humiliating can dat be? Their vain attempts comprise of one-sided deals (in which they get the lousier part of the deal) and of course, their new & over-hyped models which never seem to differ much from each other in terms of looks. I guess genetic variation doesn't exist in their R&D department. Their new cars look like the old cars with new headlights, butts, or dashboards. How "creative"!!!



My next complaint: Our dear Dato's (dis is another Dato') decision to attract our attention with a mini clip from the movie Kung Fu Hustle which featured a fight scene. The sequence of events are as follows:


The clip is projected onto the white wall in front of the hall. Since the lights are on, the only ****ing thing that I could see was Stephen Chow's white clothes swishing around with some butt-kicking action going on (the background in the clip was black). Oh, ya, the other thing I could see were the subtitles cos they were in white.
|
|
After some time, they finally had the sense to turn off the lights. Barely a few seconds after they turned the lights off, the clip ended. Talk about convenient timing. Then, thx 2 our Dato's enthusiasm, we were subjected to another round of the video clip. Did any1 ask 4 an encore? I dun tink so. At least they had the sense to turn the lights off & increase the volume of the speakers.
|
|
When he made sure dat we had heard the dialogue in the movie clearly, he started to nag us about d older generation's hopes regarding us & elaborated on this "moral lesson". How interesting can dat be? Seriously, he needs to go for the soft skill course dat our Uni's offering. Mayb he'll manage to make his talk more interesting next time.
|
|
The next few "moral lessons" he pointed out were filtered automatically by my eardrums, much to the dismay of my ever eager sarcastic tongue.

Then, he decided to present us some facts & figures. He had a Powerpoint presentation wif this ugly triangle which couldn't be deciphered at all. The lousy choice of colours & absurd font size induced a major headache. Seriously, I find the crypts & symbols in National Treasure less confusing than this.

Next....2 weird flow chart/circular diagrams which again proved annoying to read. Even AJL viewers at the "Kristal" seats can get a clearer view of Datuk Siti than we can get a view of dis diagram in front of us.

3) Quote: "The most well kept secret is dat Government servants are usually overpaid."

C&C: Well, seeing my unfortunate secondary school teachers suffer for several years has certainly opened up my eyes. How can you say dat they are overpaid? I seriously believe the teachers deserve a higher pay than those Government staff who sit the office glued to their seats & browsing through papers. Erm....perhaps d higher salary is to cover for extra medical fees such as the surgeries required to remove their butts which get stuck to those seats frequently. In addition, seeing my lecturers working in UTAR (which is fully private) surely helps to "convince" me to work in the public sector. If the public sector is so good, why aren't these great lecturers working in it? How ironic.

Our dear Dato' then proceeded to annoy us further wif a survey which clearly said "May 2, 2006". How outdated can dat old man be?

4) Quote: "Many students say that they never thought about working in the public sector."

C&C: I believe the actual statement would be like this: "I thought of working in the public sector, but I had nightmares so I stopped thinking about it." That wud b more accurate. Obviously, our lecturers didn't choose the public sector. Why should we?


Well, I tink dis post is reaaaaally long. If u managed 2 read it frm d top 2 d bottom, thx alot. If u didn, thx anyway 4 visiting dis wbsite ^_^ At least now I feel better knowing dat I cn share my thoughts wif u guys.....thx again ^_^

0 comments:

 

~ Agendum Arcanum ~ Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template