Saturday 26 January 2008

Motion Sickness.....(strange yet still reality)

Hi guys^^ Dis is so unbelievable yet real dat I cant even come up wif a fiction
version......

Went 2 Mid Valley 2day 2 meet my on9 fren. I've known him 4 like, 'round 1 yr but I nvr met him b4 so dat was kinda interestin. Watched Cloverfield @ GSC.

I shud hav heeded d advice in The Star (page 42) 2day. Dat damned movie was recorded mostly using a hand-held videocam (to add a "Blair Witch Project" feel to it). Unfortunately, dat made it XTRA XTRA XTRA SHAKY. Within d 1st 30 mins, I was already rushing 2 d toilet 2 vomit. Honestly!!! How embarassing 2 do dat in front of a guy I hav jus met. "Round 2" of vomiting came within 1 hour after I sat at my place again. Dis time, b I saw like, 6 or more ppl outside d cinema hall who were not rushing 2 d toilet. Instead, they were rushing 2 leave the cinema. I guess some of them couldn't take d stupid wobbly cameraman. Anyway, bak 2 d movie & less details bout my vomit.

D 1st 20 mins of d movie was wasted as "Introduction" whr we watched in total boredom bout a farewell party 4 a guy who's goin 2 Japan or sumtin like dat. D camera guy, "Hud", goes around pestering evry1 2 look @ d camera & say their goodbye msgs 4 our dear "Japan Guy", Rob.

Then.....jus as d audience is about 2 fall asleep, an annoying loud boom sounding like some kinda Godzilla fart shakes dem 2 their senses. Panic starts & we get 2 c ppl run crazily around. 4 some reason, Hud has d guts (or doesn hav d brains) 2 actually stop & film glimpses of d monster rather than run away like evry1 else. Oh, ya, we get 2 c d Statue of Liberty's head fly off & drop in d middle of NY. I dunno watz d monster's motive doin dat. Mayb d statue looks abit 2 much like President Bush. Being typical homo sapiens, evry1 in d movie wants 2 run as far as dey can. So, we get 2 c wat happens when the monster cuts off d cables of d Brooklyn bridge-->many ppl scream like freaks @ die. Miraculously, d cameraman & his videocam (which must be a lucky charm) survives. And, he manages 2 record all d events. We really nid 2 find out who he is & hire him as a pro. Note: He even survived attacks from d monster's offsprings (which kinda remind me of those annoying mutant spiders in a movie i watched b4).

Possible Advertisement....ala-ala Mastercard....

1) "Whatever brand" videocam wif ultra-long battery life, superb night vision, yet no anti-shake features 2 help viewers save medical bills: several thousand $$.

2) Hiring a super daring, dumb, yet "professional" cameraman: several thousand $$.

3) Documenting the whole damned event where d cameraman manages to capture it all while staying alive: priceless....


Basically, 2 cut the crap, d whole movie is about how these ppl run & get killed of one by one. The ending must be the worst ending dat I hav ever seen in my life. 3 ppl are left which includes:

1) Hud, the near-immortal cameraman.

2) Rob, d guy who's goin 2 Japan.

3) Beth, d girl who slept wif Rob a few days ago & then fought wif him during his farewell party.


Suddenly, d couple starts 2 scream. Hud turns bak & d HUGE monster is towering over him. The camera angle starts to swing 2wards a vertical direction (note: 90 degrees/perpendicular to the ground's surface) as d viewers get 2 c monster’s mouth. D nex few seconds r filled wif disgusting (note: NOT SCARY AT ALL) sounds of d monster attacking Hud. Strangely, while Hud holds on 2 d videocam throughout d movie w/out letting it go, he manages 2 drop it 2 d ground so dat d viewers can watch him die. Even stranger, d monster was so full eating dat fat Hud dat it didn even bother 2 attack d couple. Talk about d power of love....or mayb Hud is d monster's replacement 4 those energy bars which try to make consumers feel full. D viewers get 2 c d couple run 2wards Hud’s body & whine. Then, they are “forced” to leave him behind yet they hav d time 2 take d videocam along wif them. Nice huh? Dat videocam sure has some mystical mind possessing powers. As d couple run & take shelter under a small bridge, d guy (Rob) actually has time 2 look in d camera & introduce himself. “I’m Rob blablabla & NY is being attacked by a monster. If u r seeing dis, u probably survived. Blablablabla…. Rob even manages 2 call his partner, Beth, to “say sumtin”. Wat cheesy dialogue.


Then, d ground shakes. Suddenly, d bridge collapses & we hear them screaming. Rob starts yelling “Beth, look at me now. Look at me!!! I love u.” Beth replies "I love you too.". I believe dat was d mother of all cheesy dialogues. Jus as I get ready 2 run 2 d toilet 2 vomit due 2 d disgusting dialogue, d show ends. Juz like dat. Really. Did I blink a millisecond? I could clearly hear d audience’s surprise & anger. Many ppl were like, “Wat happened?” I guess we’ll never kno.....


Note: My fren actually belanja'd me d movie tickets. I feel so bad 4 him cos d movie sucked. It was as if we burned RM 11 each. So, my dear fren, if u r readin dis, I'm reli sry d movie sucked. Do remind me 2 belanja u nex time ^_^

0 comments:

 

~ Agendum Arcanum ~ Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template