Monday 27 October 2008

Deep-Ah-Wall-E

Firstly, Happy Deepavali 2 every1!!! Ysterday was super hectic @ Brickfields!!! Firecrackers evrywhr, beautiful Indian costumes, & loud music blaring out of speakers @ evry corner!!!

Anyway, I came across dis post from Ainul, my secondary school fren. I hv 2 admit it reli touched me & I felt like showing it to evry1. So....here it is....(click here).

She is damned accurate in her definition of racists, loving their culture, heritage, & identity, but not to the extent that they should condemn or discriminate against other ethnicities. The best part is when we can all live in equality w/out ridiculous restrictions horrendously hindering us from coexisting cooperatively.

Besides, who says that supporting your culture means you can't embrace others too? For instance, though I am a Chinese incapable of speaking my mother tongue, that doesn't mean I condemn those who can't speak English well. Some idiots in uni tend 2 discriminate me, thinking I'm a show-off "bas ketiga" jz bcoz I speak English instead of Chinese. So what if I hav a Terengganu Malay slang? I'm proud of it. If you can't bear the thought of a 16 17 year old Chinese struggling to learn his mother tongue, get lost.

Back to the topic. Racism is a dangerous issue which shouldn't be looked upon as a tool, especially in our multiracial M'sia. Simple comments by politicians can incite a lot of complications which only serve to further destabilize our country's harmony. So....to all the people out there, especially those hypocrites on TV, watch your words. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to do my assignments relax the whole day.....holiday ma...

0 comments:

 

~ Agendum Arcanum ~ Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template