Thursday 31 December 2009

Do u hear dat? Silence. I've missed basking in it.

It's pretty weird relating the word "Yong" 2 d word "silence" huh? It's been ages la since I've gotten in touch wif my other side. Yea....yr eyes didn't read dat wrongly. Yong can actually shut up. For a few hours.

Lots of ppl mistakenly label me as budak kampung or budak bandar. Some hu knew me in school actually called me a KL kid frm d city. Some, on d other hand, tot I was d typical Trgnu kid. Well, no one is right or wrong. I dun mind being in KL, surrounded by d hustle & bustle. But then....whn I go bak 2 Trgnu, I'm perfectly fine wif d absence of MSN, FB & blogging for a few days or even weeks. In short, dun sedap2 label me wif a certain location la.....I'll adapt perfectly anywhr =p

I rarely find it practical to bitch 2 others abt "hw KL/Trgnu sucks", "my hometown is better", & all those nonsense. Yea, we're pretty lucky to b granted our own transport, gatal2 nak balik hometown evry few wks or so. Bt thn, try tinking of those hu dun hv d opportunity 2 go bak as dey please & u'll get my point. Menyampah la whn I c those ppl rushing off 2 go bak 4 a few days jz cz thr's a short break. Bazir transport fees & time. Dahla tak convenient nak suruh parents fetch & send u 2 d station.

We bitch abt dis & dat daily bt it makes no difference. We complain abt our lousy uni, lousy public transport system, government, & so on bt in d end, all we've wasted is our own time. For instance, my previous post bitching on d education system did not result in a press statement frm our Education Minister, saying dat changes will b made rite? So, y did I bitch then? Well, for starters, bitching:
  • Helps release tension/stress
  • Facilitates ice breaking very well
  • Improves one's communication skills (Honestly, hw many of u out thr hv come across silent ppl hu suddenly chatter like hell during a bitching session?)
  • Promotes critical thinking (If thr weren't any ppl contradicting d majority, evry1 wud bcome mindless robots, obeying the government blindly)
Hypocrite session aside (I bitch yet I condemn it yet I promote it), evry1 is bound 2 bitch la. Tak payah la buat muka tebal tu cakap dis isn't a morally correct pastime. 2 those condemning me now: It's nt as if u sendiri tu angel sangat.

Well, 2 wrap things up, things are not always wat dey seem like on d outside. Nt many ppl hv seen d eerily quiet side of me. Nt many ppl hv seen d studious, competitive side of me hu's out thr 2 beat evry1's marks. So, jangan sibuk nak judge orang lain k? (I myself shud heed dis advice la, hypocrite!). Hmm....I'd better go bak 2 my silence. Tak payah celebrate new year. Bazir tenaga. Macam la screaming & partying around is goin 2 do me any good.

Btw, my mum's asking me: "Shall we scream like mad @ 12a.m. l8r?". My gosh. God surely sent me one helluva crazy freak as a mum.

May your year be a meaningful one, regardless of whether it's uneventful, silent, or plain simple. Happy New Year =p

0 comments:

 

~ Agendum Arcanum ~ Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template