Friday 8 January 2010

Random thoughts (& d bashing part as usual)

1) Things aren't wat dey seem eh? Tetiba2 je ada org try 2 blow up churches. B4 fingers start pointing & words start flying, tink of dis. Thr could be many possibilities. D 1st one is obviously blaming "the other ppl". Bt then....another voice in my head is telling me dat dis could b d work of some humans hu jz wanna create tension, riots, or bloodshed. So, b4 d blame game escalates into a war, b careful, ok? D two religions hu are in a so-called "war" may actually b d victims of manipulators scheming 2 destroy our country's peace. Be very careful of wat u say.....or sumtimes, especially in d case of famous high profile ppl on tv, a plain "shut up" cn b better. U won't believe d nmbr of ppl hu could b leeching off dis incident jz 2 get a little time on tv.

2) D exam results are out. In case d news haven't gotten 2 u yet, here's d big history-of-Yong's-life-worthy-moment: It's d 1st bloody time in my life dat I didn't get an A for an English subject. I got a bloody B+. Saying I'm nt disappointed wud definitely earn me a hypocrite stamp. It's jz dat....well....I'd expected it 2 b tough....bt nt a B+, rite? Haih...wat is done is done.....buat2 happy je =p
(besides, I cn still console myself wif d fact dat dis event means I've got sooooo much more 2 learn abt English)

3) Here comes d bashing part, always lurking in my blog.....I get so sick seeing blogs promoting dis & promoting dat. Dey claim 2 b personal blogs bt after reading dem 4 quite some time, I get d queasy feeling dat I'm readin an advertorial disguised as a blog. Wat do these ppl get? More readers? Money? (pls pls pls dun click on their banners =p) Call me jealous, cynical, hypocritical, call me watever u want. I believe personal blogs & non-personal blogs shud b clearly separated. I dunno wat d public thinks bt I reli dun enjoy reading posts which feel like dey've been snagged frm some magazine or newspaper article. It's d flaws which get me hooked on. I'd rather read a person describing hw she fails to wake up for class and ends up being late rather than gaze @ pretty pictures or scan thru lines depicting wat a perfect life a person has.

4) I met a student hu reli reli surprised me. Nvr b4 hv I came across a student hu comes 2 2tion rite after schl (shud b pretty tired eh?), asks questions frequently, is nvr afraid 2 admit he didn't u/stand d crap I jz said a few secs ago, never gives up tackling so many maths questions, & yet, his bloody face lights up whn he misheard me saying dat I could hold another 2tion claz @ nite (and loudly saying dat he wants 2 attend it!) Dis guy cn reli make me feel ashamed. I've been abusing my gift/ability to catch lessons in schl pretty quickly bt dis person is so determined 2 learn though he keeps getting d answers wrong. I nid 2 hv his determination in uni. I nid 2 work hard, regardless of whether I fail often or even if I find it easy. I shud stop acting dumb, saying "I dunno" whn in fact d person I've jz failed 2 help wud nvr tink twice abt digging thru books jz 2 settle my minor doubts. N of course, I nid 2 be humble & deflate my bloody ego.

5) I hate 2tion centers in general. I've seen my fair share of money-making 2tion places conducting large classes whr those poor students leave more confused than dey were than whn dey came in. Schls always give xtra attention 2 top students bt dey nvr realise hw the ones below nid attention too. Did u kno dat my fren was accused of cheating jz bcoz he was nt frm d top classes in schl? Of all d bloody reasons, guess y he was accysed of cheating? Getting less than 10 marks out of 100 in a bloody Add Maths exam. Dat is one helluva bastard/bitch teacher lookin down on d students like dat. Their wobbly confidence is alredi further tainted by d schl's ignorance of their existence. Dey work their butts off 2 get those few marks & u accuse dem of cheating jz bcoz dey aren't "supposed" to score even one mark? To hell wif u la. Rather than coming up wif accusations whr d oni proof is their "impossible marks", help dem la. Dun assume dat dey dun hv any will 2 study jz bcoz dey're frm d "stupid/naughty classes".

Well, b4 I get carried away, I'd best get 2 sleep. I hv 2 classes 2moro, involving 1 student in d 1st session & only 2 in d 2nd one. Yr 1st reaction'll probably be "Ni tentu takde students, no one wants 2 attend 2tion wif him" bt jz brush aside d possibility dat I might, I might jz be nice enuf 2 hold small classes on purpose, will ya? I'd rather hold small classes, even spending time teaching a person instead of earning up to 10 times more wif a large claz jz so dat individual, dat person our education system has abandoned, cn actually learn sumtin rather than attending a famous 2tion center bt gain notin useful. Or mayb I'm a lousy tchr & no one wants 2 attend my classes. Do u tink I cn b dat selfish & nt aim purely @ money making opportunities only? Hmmm....up 2 u. U kno me wat =p

1 comments:

KarenK on 9 January 2010 at 07:37 said...

hmm...your theory on the church attacks is interesting...culd scarily true

 

~ Agendum Arcanum ~ Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template