Saturday 28 November 2009

Ramblings of an old man...

I was lookin ard 4 sumtin 2 write & I saw d Up DVD on my PC desk (sry ah HC, nt yet return 2 u).....


Descriptive/Narrative Essay

I swear she would have enjoyed this if she was alive....screaming happily in the air, free. As if on cue, the wind whispers in my ear, reminding me that I'm not alone. How did i end up several hundred feet up in the air, stuck with a talking dog and annoying boy? Who cares? I'm too old to think about these matters.

Calm.

The wooden boards voice their dissatisfaction with creaks and groans but I can't blame them for straining under the load. After all, I am in the same predicament. Who would have thought that over the years, that young boy, full of zeal would turn into this old man struggling to take a few steps? Heck, even switching the television channel kills my fingers now.

I miss her.

The fight for dominance of the television. The scent of her shampoo as I embraced her. The light rays bouncing off her lush auburn hair. The eternal moments spent together. I struggle to hold on to the memories as my mind ages. It's like trying to keep sand from slipping through your fingers. As hard as you try, some grains eventually escape, lost forever.

I guess everyone will have their time on Earth. When they're gone, the best thing we can do is to cherish them. After all, life goes on.


Seriously boring & unpolished la dis piece. Biar lerr....saja gatal2 type abit oni ma =p

0 comments:

 

~ Agendum Arcanum ~ Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template