Saturday 30 May 2009

Here We Go Again....

Ok.....long time no blog....nid 2 release so tension & marah2 abit.

Wat da hell is up wif our education system? Merely applying cosmetic changes in hopes of fooling d public eh?

Evry yr, we hear students & parents lamenting bout their kids' lack of scholarships.
Evry yr, some smart ass in d ministry will come up wif a lame excuse.
Every yr, Malaysia will make a great fuss over this matter, only to forget it after a few months.

I'm sick of dis cycle.

Imagine d scenario as a race. Participants can choose hw many laps dey wanna run & are graded on hw fast dey run each lap. After d recent complains, d race organizers say: "Hey, let's limit d number of laps to a max of 10 only! Dat'll b fair!"

Ahh....but then....wat's d point of limiting d number of laps? Wif d current standards, there will be thousands of ppl hu score A's in all their laps. Here's one more thing: How da heck will any1 kno d organiser/judge punya judgement scheme? Are d timekeeper & judges really unbiased in selecting d winners of the race? Why are so many ppl capable of faring well in d race? Is the track so small & easy dat many ppl are scoring? Or....can those thousands of scorers really run well? Here's one more matter I'm sure many ppl are asking: Why do some ppl hu didn't manage 2 run so well in d race get multiple medals (scholarships) while others hu run better get nothing?

I was a straight A's student in secondary school but honestly, I doubted myself. Heck, I still question myself occasionally. IMHO, I dun tink I would hv scored dat well if d honest standards were used. However, seeing my recent degree results in uni (3.1179) which definitely aren't among my classmates' top scores, I felt happy. At least I know whr I stand. No false impressions bout hw I did in d exams. D amount of satisfaction I gained from dat is far more than getting great results bt wondering why I didn't get the scholarship I "deserved".

There's no point beautifying d race track. No point merely claiming dat all d racers are judged equally regardless of the teams dey represent. No point issuing statements in order to calm the public, hoping dat dey'll forget d issue after awhile. There's no point faking it all. After all, the angry racers treated unjustly will simply go represent another country, earning big bucks there. When u call dem bak, claiming dat dey are unpatriotic, tink again. Dey won't forget how their own country treated dem.

0 comments:

 

~ Agendum Arcanum ~ Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template